Friday, July 1, 2011

June's W&W10

It's the first of the month...Time to celebrate the month that has just been, all that we're looking forward to (around here that's a lot) and W&W10!

Starting a business can be tough, but we realize how much we like it when we get to decide how to run the show and what to do with our bottom line. Part of that is making sure we give back because we feel like we've been given to, and every first of the month we're glad to do so. We're happy we can make you a part of that, especially when the recipients are organizations we volunteer with and feel passionately about. So don't be too surprised when we tell you all of our team has or will be volunteering with non-profits this summer on varying levels from admin work, trips within America (Buki) and crossing international borders (Nancy-Mexico and Hee Kyung to Brazil).

For this month, we've decided to really give back to the organizations we feel have given more in return than we could ever contribute as we've volunteered with them.

Presenting:

Hands & Feet Ministries through the eyes and ears of Nancy:

Every summer my church partners with Hands and Feet Ministries in Piedras Negras, Mexico. They connect teams visiting their locations in New Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Mexico (Piedras Negras and Nava, Coahuila) to different avenues of community outreach, among them construction, medical, education, evangelism and vacation Bible study. I go every summer to be removed from the city, to step into something unfamiliar, and be immersed in the love God has for the less fortunate.

The Rock Student Ministries
as experienced by Buki:

Every year The Rock takes students on a trip to spend sometime away from the students' normal environments and focus a week on getting to know who God is. The goal of the trip was to review our lives(students and leaders), look at our everyday issues, problems,circumstances (good or bad) and know that we can still be joyful because of who Jesus is to us not what is happening to us. John 16:21-22, Colossians 1:29.
I go because I remember what it was like to be a teenager in high school, with little time to myself and a plethora of influences around me. I found it difficult to understand my purpose in life, or situations I was going through and find people to talk to besides my family that cared for me. In 10th grade I re-discovered Jesus cared for me through the mentoring of a leader and a small group of girls in my church. I want to be there for teens just like Wendy (the leader ) was for me.


For W&W10, Jill over and out. Got any great organizations we should know about. Shoot me an email! Jill@thewiseandwearfores.com

No comments:

Post a Comment